3 SPEED BOX/CLUTCH

The Club Forums Gearbox / Transmission 3 SPEED BOX/CLUTCH

• This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BobH 1 month ago.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andrew Ackerman
    Participant

Help!
    Has anyone got a 3 speed box/clutch which I could inspect to try and work out what’s wrong with mine please?

The interweb has failed to show me the actual clutch mechanism on the outside of the bell housing and mine looks plain wrong. The clutch does not disengage and the pedal travel seems very limited, but access to the bolt/shaft looks near on impossible, so I must be missing something

Andrew Ackerman
    Participant

Follow up now photos lower resolution

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

BobH
    Participant

That looks about right. My pedal has a movement of about 1/4″ at the pedal before it hits the stop on the gearbox casing. Pedal travel has slowly reduced from about 1/2″ down to 1/4″ and its now time to take it all apart and bend the clutch levers a bit.
    You may find the info from the Dorset A7 club helpful.

http://www.da7c.co.uk/technical_torque_articles/back_to_basics_the_a7_clutch.html

BobH
    Participant

Ps: If I remember right, you can’t remove the clutch pedal in situ on your box. Remove the round pad off the top of the pedal, then take the engine/gearbox out in one lump, threading the pedal through the floor boards as you go.
    I guess that you had sorted your problem out, but these notes are for the next reader.
    BobH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar